Switch from oil
Fed up with your ugly, inefficient oil fired central heating system?
If you're currently using oil to heat your home, you could be missing out. By switching to LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) you could:
- Save money on your energy bills
- Lower your environmental impact with the lowest carbon fossil fuel available in rural areas
- Reduce your energy wastage
- Cook on a controllable gas flame
- Enjoy instant heat and hot water
With a FREE no obligation survey and quote, we'll show you how much you could save.
To find out more, contact us online or call us on 0800 574 574.
Switch from oil to gas: the facts you should know
- LPG boilers and their associated installation costs are cheaper than oil boilers.
- Old oil boiler installations will typically run less efficiently than stated on the boiler.
- LPG emits less greenhouse gas and produces significantly fewer particulates, NOX and sulphur, resulting in virtually no soot being formed.
- Compared to oil boilers, LPG boilers run much more quietly and are odour-free.
- Oil storage tanks remain the responsibility of the user, along with the costs of installation, maintenance, annual servicing and insurance. They typically need replacing every 15 years - at significant cost.
- Strict environmental regulations are in place for oil storage. Failure to comply is a criminal offence. In the event of a spillage, the costs associated with the clean up and removal of contaminated soil can be significant. The owner of the oil tank is responsible for leakage however it’s caused, whether through poor installation, insufficient maintenance or even vandalism.
- LPG tanks remain the property of Flogas. Flogas maintain the tank and are fully responsible for its safe operation. Storage options for LPG are flexible and include underground tanks.
- Servicing costs for oil boilers tend to be higher than LPG. And if oil boilers are not serviced regularly, their efficiency will deteriorate more quickly than LPG boilers, leading to higher operating costs.
- Oil installers do not have to be OFTEC registered, so there is no governing body like the Gas Safe Register (formerly CORGI) to protect you.
- As an LPG user, you also have the options of cooking with gas and enjoying a real-flame fire.
- LPG can be used alongside renewable technologies reducing running costs even further.
To find out more, contact us online or call us on 0800 574 574 .