Home - Cylinders
- How do I connect my butane cylinder?These are supplied with either 20 or 21mm connections. It is important to check both cylinder and regulator to ensure compatibility. An instruction disc fixed over the cylinder valve will show this information and the regulator also has the size recorded on the specification disc.
Connection: First ensure that the cylinder is placed on a firm base. If for use within a cabinet heater, for example, it is advisable to connect the regulator with the cylinder outside the cabinet. When this is done, the cylinder can then be placed within the cabinet.
Pick up the regulator, having first ensured the control lever is in the horizontal position, and place over the cylinder valve. With a firm downward action, push the regulator onto the valve until a metallic click signifies it is locked on. This may require one or two attempts before the connection is achieved.
- How do I connect a leisure green cylinder?The connection or disconnection of the regulator for this cylinder is the same as for butane cylinders. The only difference is the cylinder valve size which in this instance is 27mm. Proceed as instructed for butane cylinder connection or disconnection.
- How do I disconnect a butane cylinder?Turn the control lever from the vertical (on position) to the horizontal (off position). With hand over the regulator, place thumb against central spindle/shaft of control lever and press firmly towards the body of the regulator. This will release the locking collar from the cylinder valve and regulator should spring away. The cylinder can then be removed for the replacement cylinder to be positioned.
- How do I disconnect a leisure green propane cylinder?Disconnection procedure is as for Flogas butane cylinders.
Note: If the regulator your appliance is different from the one described above, please contact us. Alternatively, email [email protected]
- I have a gas regulator I want to use on my barbecue (or other appliance). Can I do this?We would need to identify the specification of the regulator in order to advise on its suitability for the purpose intended. Please contact us and we will be able to help or email [email protected]
- My heater will not light, what do I do?Check that the regulator is turned to 'on' position. Hold button down 10-15 seconds to allow gas to reach pilot light, release and press for ignition. Hold down button for further 10-15 seconds so that the gas valve holds open. Proceed to select heat setting. If the pilot is blocked, remove the blockage. If you are still unable to light it, please contact us.
- There's a poor or no flame on my applianceThere is a possible air pocket in the cylinder. Take into the open air and release the air/gas mixture for about 30 seconds by depressing valve central shaft (using non metallic rod; pencil or pen top). Take back indoors and repeat the ignition process. The cylinder may be too cold if freezing conditions - allow time for it to rise in temperature indoors before lighting.
- My heater keeps going out, what is happening to it?This happens if the heater is being used in a confined space with inadequate ventilation. There must be adequate ventilation (open door/windows) or it be placed in a large space. The cylinder may be low on gas and a new bottle will be required. Please contact us to replenish your bottle, go to our online shop to order online or order through your account.