What is the calorific value for LPG?
The calorific value of LPG can be worked out using the following calculations:
- 1 Tonne = 1000kg or 1969 litres, therefore 1kg = 1.969 litres
- 1 Litre of propane = 7.08 kWh (kilowatt hours) or 24000 BTU/h
- 1kg of propane = 14.019 kWh (kilowatt hours) or 47300 BTU/h
To convert from m3 or ft3 into litres use the following calculations:
- To convert m³ of vapour to litres of liquid; multiply by 3.85
- to convert ft³ of vapour to litres; multiply by 0.1034
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for letting us know
1312 people also found this answer helpful
We're sorry to hear that
Your response has been recorded. If you would like to get in touch, please visit contact us